Trends To Watch
Thanks to all for participating in the 2021 Redux/2022 Trends To Watch webinar on January 19th, 2022. For the attendees, and those folks that couldn’t make it, we’ve put together a breakdown and some key items for you.
Darrell started off the webinar talking about his top 5 stories from 2021. Check out his anecdotes:
- Good Health Pass
- SSI Book
- Governments slinging code
- Evernym Acquisition
- cheqd launch
Darrell points out a few key trends to keep an eye on in the Decentralized Identity and SSI space for 2022.
There were some great questions sent in, we really value and appreciate your engagement! Our Question Period started at about 45:00 – though some questions did come in earlier and were touched on through the presentation. Here is a run down of what we covered:
- In regards to Trust Registries, do you foresee these registries being run in a centralized or decentralized manner? Are there any leaders? What business models have you seen?
- Are there any sector agnostic trust registries protocols and or standards yet or is the generic concept still in its early days?
- What scares you the most about 2022 and beyond for SSI?
- What about Mobile Driver licenses (mDLs)? Didn’t hear you mention that Apple supports them now.
- Did you hear about tbDEX and what Square/Block are doing?
- Where should I look for more detail on interoperability, standards, and how things are being put together? Why are you cynical about interoperability?
- Trust Over IP Foundation – Governance Stack Working Group (GSWG) & Technology Stack Working Group (TSWG)
- What is the biggest challenge or challenges the governments in Canada are struggling with on moving forward with digital ID’s
Also published on Medium.