Digital Identity Trends To Watch
Thanks to all for participating in the Digital Identity Trends To Watch & 2021 Redux webinar on January 19th, 2022. For the attendees, and those folks that couldn’t make it, we’ve put together a breakdown and some key items for you.
To begin with, Darrell talked about his top 5 stories from 2021:
- Good Health Pass
- SSI Book
- Governments slinging code
- Evernym Acquisition
- cheqd launch
Afterward, Darrell points out a few key digital identity trends to keep an eye on in the SSI space for 2022.
Some great questions were sent in; we value and appreciate your engagement! The question period started at about 45:00. Some did come in earlier and were touched on throughout the presentation. Here is a run down of what we covered:
- In regards to Trust Registries, do you foresee these registries being run in a centralized or decentralized manner? Are there any leaders? What business models have you seen?
- Are there any sector agnostic trust registries protocols and or standards yet, or is the generic concept still in its early days?
- What scares you the most about 2022 and beyond for SSI?
- What about Mobile Driver licenses (mDLs)? I didn’t hear you mention that Apple supports them now.
- Did you hear about tbDEX and what Square/Block are doing?
- Where should I look for more detail on interoperability, standards, and how things are being put together? Why are you cynical about interoperability?
- Trust Over IP Foundation – Governance Stack Working Group (GSWG) & Technology Stack Working Group (TSWG)
- What is the biggest challenge or challenges the governments in Canada are struggling with in moving forward with digital IDs
Also published on Medium.