Trust Registries Webinar
Thanks to those that attended our Trust Registries Webinar and for the attendees and those folks that couldn’t make it, here are a few things for you.
Trust Registries Webinar 08SEP2021 – PDF of the presentation from the webinar (added 2021-09-21)
Trust Over IP Trust Registry Task Force where we are developing the:
- Trust Registry Protocol Specification v1 (NOTE: This is the live Google Doc where we are making early edits).
- OpenAPI for a RESTful protocol as an initial implementation – managed in GitHub.
- NOTE: The above links for the Specification and OpenAPI files will likely change. They will always be referenced from the Trust Registry Task Force though.
Be sure to reach out via our Contact Us page – we’re happy to jump on a call to see how we can help you examine where a Trust Registry may fit in your business ecosystem. We will also get you hooked up with our (semi-)monthly newsletter where we share a few key things that have been shifting in the industry.
Pan-Canadian Trust Framework – The Public Sector Profile drove a lot of the CIO Strategy Council standard CAN/CIOSC 103-1:2020, Digital Trust and Identity – Part 1 Fundamentals. The Public Sector Profile (not to be confused with the DIACC PCTF which shares the same name but has a different aim) is globally recognized.
Questions started at about [46:30] – though some questions came earlier. We covered:
- “I don’t trust organizations and corporations” – where we point out the “decentralize the world” approach goes to far.
- Phoning home – (hint: no it doesn’t need to phone home)
- Where are Holders Authorized? (hint: Knowing if you can trust Bubba’s Wallet may be more important…)
- Canadian Digitial Identities are emerging – can startups leverage this?
- Explain the Role of Government in ecosystems.
- “Can a third party discover who I trust from a trust registry?”
- How will interoperability work between trust registries?
As to where we need to go, we covered that in the Trust Registries Webinar as well…
Also published on Medium.