Thank you to everyone who attended our Trust Registries – Beyond the Basics Webinar, where we answered some questions, discussed the basics of Trust Registries, the current protocol specification, and what’s next.
We have a few things to share for attendees and those who couldn’t make it.
Trust Registries Beyond the Basics – PDF of the presentation from the webinar.
Continuum Loop Resources:
- 2021 Trust Registry Webinar
- Bubba’s Wallet
- The State of Digital Wallets Series
- The Current and Future State of Digital Wallets – Trust Hubs
- Trust Registries And Your Digital Wallet
- Detailed Capabilities of Wallets & Agents
- Managing Trust and Reputation via Trust Registries
- Trust Registry Task Force
The question period began at around 33 minutes. We had some great questions sent in, including:
- Trust Registries will prove essential, but going one layer deeper, the next question is who will be trusted to create, maintain, and validate entrants to the registry. A consortium? In some cases, a regulatory or governmental body? The trust chain is difficult to seed.
- Do you see a model like a stock market for trust registries? One can buy stocks privately, but to trust that you are getting the correct information and buying legitimate stocks, you would go to one of several stock markets (with their own governance details while also under regulation). There could exist markets of registries that are overseen by regulation (and you could still have private registries)
- It doesn’t end with a Trust Registry. How do trust registries verify you are the owner of credentials
Participant shared: At the end of the presentation, Marcus Ubani shared that he created an open-source platform as a learning path for himself and newbies to DID/SSI. The platform aims to provide easy access and an overview of all the projects. The Open SSI / DID Directory.
Now that we’re starting work on v2 of the Trust Registry Protocol Specification at the ToIP Foundation, we’re excited to open a dialogue on Trust Registries. We want to get people thinking about how Trust Registries will help answer tough questions within an ecosystem to create a whole experience.
We would love for you to get involved! If you are interested in joining the Task Force, please do not hesitate to participate. Your involvement is encouraged and welcomed.
If you have questions, please reach out to us through our Contact Us page, and we will be glad to schedule a call to discuss where a Trust Registry may fit into your business ecosystem. You can also follow us on social media and sign up for our newsletter to stay informed on the latest Trust Registry news and updates.